Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 19 - Ms. Wilmore, Special Education

Passion Awakened in the Midst of the Storm

As I awoke this morning on day two of being home-bound due to the hazardous storms that have swept through the Houston/Katy area over the past several days, I felt a bit of sadness that today I would not be going to school AGAIN!
Yes, like most people, I was really grateful for the unexpected “three-day” weekend and used my time off to relax, catch up on some work assignments, and watch documentaries (my favorite past time…weird I know)! But oddly enough, after that first day off, my heart began to yearn for the classroom, to teach and mold the minds of my young learners.

Without a doubt, this extended weekend has once again rekindled my purpose and passion for being an educator. I think being an educator is not just a “job” it is a CALLING. Teaching is something you wake up thinking about and go to bed thinking about. It’s what causes us to spend our “vacations” researching new topics, watching YouTube videos on how to set up a classroom, attending professional development courses, and creating innovative lessons with household items with high hopes that the project will go as well in “real-life” as it did in our heads when we created it!

I wonder if I am the only one who is missing the classroom and the excitement of being an educator at MRE?


Ms. Tiffany Wilmore


No comments:

Post a Comment