Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24 - Mrs. Stapleton, Kindergarten

                                                   The Power of Volunteers

I have seen first hand how powerful having volunteers interacting with my students has been. My own mom spends a couple mornings a week pulling my kids one at a time not only to help them practice their High Frequency Words but also building a relationship with each student. They look forward to those few precious minutes with her and are highly motivated to practice their 4 words for the next visit so they can make her proud and earn that next certificate they all work so hard for.


I have had multiple parents tell me that those certificates are hung proudly in their child's room and that they won't let them take them down! They work hard for something as simple as a piece of paper, all because of the relationship they have built with Mrs. Skoba. 

Other volunteers have also impacted my students, like our Sunshine Reader. What a beautiful relationship for students to have with a grandparent figure. I know this relationship is feeding their souls just as much as the students. Each week Miss. Patty comes and listens as the students read to her one on one. For a 5 year old to be in the spotlight like that with someone's full attention builds such confidence.


Volunteers are powerful people that have impacted my students and helped them grow in many ways this year. These people belong in our classrooms and have the power to change a year for the better and impact a child forever!

Mrs. Jenn Stapleton


No comments:

Post a Comment